We diagnose and treat the following conditions:
- Bladder disorders associated with spinal cord injury or other neurological conditions
- Genitourinary fistula
- Interstitial cystitis
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Urethral diverticulum
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary incontinence treatment complications (obstruction and mesh erosion)
- Voiding dysfunction
We offer a wide range of treatment options, including:
- Artificial urinary sphincter
- Behavior modification, biofeedback therapy along with other physiotherapeutic approaches
- Bladder instillations
- Botox intravesical injections
- Bulking agent injections
- Genitourinary fistula repair
- Genitourinary reconstruction
- Laparoscopic and robot-assisted procedures
- Multi-channel urodynamics and fluorourodynamic
- Neurophysiology studies (bulbocavernosus reflex latency measurements)
- Pelvic reconstruction, with and without mesh
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Pudendal neuromodulation
- Robot-assisted abdominal sacrocolpopexy
- Sacral neuromodulation
- Ureteral re-implant
- Urinary diversion
Our female urology program at the UC Irvine Health Center for Urological Care is led by Dr. Gamal Ghoniem, an internationally recognized authority on female urologic disorders.
His widely published clinical research has resulted in significant advances that have helped define female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
Our patients receive personalized, multidisciplinary care from experts in urology, gynecology and colorectal disorders. We strive to create a compassionate and supportive environment.
We work with each patient to develop a treatment plan to meet the individual's needs—including lifestyle and personal preferences.