In 2009, the UC Irvine School of Medicine and CHOC formed a collaborative clinical affiliation to provide high-quality, comprehensive pediatric services, including Orange County’s only dedicated pediatric urology center.
At the center, our nationally-regarded faculty members of the Department of Urology offer diagnosis, ongoing treatment and surgical intervention for all pediatric urological and genital conditions. Affiliation with the university means that we conduct state-of-the art research as well as train the best and brightest future pediatric urologists.
We work closely with the patient's family, pediatricians and other pediatric subspecialists to care for conditions including hypospadias, incontinence, hydronephrosis, spina bifida, disorders of sexual differentiation, vesicoureteral reflux and more.
We strive to provide care that's convenient for families and minimizes our patients' discomfort. Our services include:
- In-office procedures for preputial adhesions, skin bridges, meatal webs and labial adhesions
- In-office testing, including biofeedback, urodynamics, videourodynamics, ultrasound and uroflowmetry with electromyography
- Surgical intervention including minimally-invasive, robotic, laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques
- Reconstructive surgeries for complex conditions such as bladder exstrophy and hypospadias
- Team-centered approaches and clinics for children with spina bifida or disorders of sexual differentiation
- Comprehensive care by a multidisciplinary team of specialists, eliminating the need for multiple appointments in different locations