Men's Health: Sexual Dysfunction Services
At UC Irvine Health Center for Urological Care, our highly skilled urologists are experts in diagnosing and treating the full spectrum of male sexual dysfunction.
About one in four men will suffer from erectile dysfunction during their lifetime, and almost one in three men will experience premature ejaculation. As men age, they also become more likely to experience signs and symptoms of low testosterone, a condition called hypogonadism, as well as problems with delayed ejaculation and orgasm. These conditions, as a whole, may lead to adverse psychological, relational and social issues for men and their partners.
Sexual dysfunction often is also the first sign of more serious underlying conditions in men, such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and peripheral vascular disease. As such, it is important for men suffering from sexual dysfunction to be screened and treated by urologists who specialize in male sexual dysfunction.
We are experts in diagnosing and treating such conditions as erectile dysfunction, low testosterone, premature ejaculation, delayed ejaculation, orgasmic dysfunction and Peyronie’s disease.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 714-456-7005.
Our highly trained urologists are leaders in the delivery and development of new techniques and treatments for male sexual dysfunction.
- Our urologists are experts in the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction, including the use of specialized questionnaires, blood testing and penile ultrasound vascular studies.
- Our team specializes in non-invasive treatment options for erectile dysfunction, such as oral medication, injection therapy and vacuum erection devices.
- We are skilled in all aspects of advanced penile prosthesis surgery and management of complex surgical complications.
- Our men's health team offers the latest minimally invasive intralesional injection therapy (Xiaflex®) to treat Peyronie’s disease.
- We also offer surgical treatment options for Peyronie’s disease, including tunical plication, partial plaque excision/incision and grafting.
- For men with low testosterone or hypogonadism, our urologists offer all available testosterone replacement therapies, including topical applications, injections and pellets.
- Our experts are able to help with all elements of ejaculatory and orgasmic dysfunction, including lifestyle modifications, counseling, hormonal replacement and medical therapy.
- We also have an integrated referral system of cardiologists, endocrinologists, nephrologists, sleep specialists, psychologists and nutrition experts as needed.
We treat the full spectrum of male sexual dysfunction in a comprehensive, integrated manner to ensure, not only sexual well-being, but also overall health.
Our urologists are experts at diagnosing all conditions of the male urological and genital tracts, including:
Our treatments and services include:
Our men’s sexual health team is led by Faysal A. Yafi, MD, who is fellowship trained in sexual medicine and serves as medical director of Men’s Health Services at UC Irvine Health Center for Urological Care.