Naturopathic therapies are appropriate for a wide variety of interrelated health concerns, including:
- Digestive issues such as gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome, food sensitivities, “leaky gut” syndrome, Crohn’s and colitis
- Mental issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, fatigue and memory loss
- Genetic issues including autoimmune disorders or mitochondrial dysfunction
- Weight gain
- Graves’ disease or hypothyroidism
- Hormonal imbalances
At the Samueli Center, we seek to identify the underlying causes of illnesses by first reviewing your diet, stress, energy, digestion, exercise, lifestyle, past and present medical history and family history.
Our naturopathic physicians use the latest standards in diagnostic examination and laboratory testing. We evaluate your immune health, digestive function, liver detoxification, hormone balance, cardiovascular health and nutritional status.
Based on your individual needs, we develop a treatment plan which may include:
- Dietary and lifestyle changes
- Exercise therapy
- Herbs and dietary supplements
- Manipulative therapies
- Psychotherapy and counseling
- Stress reduction
The Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine is the only university-affiliated center of its kind in Orange County. Here you benefit from a highly trained staff with access to the latest research findings. Our integrative approach means physicians from across the medical spectrum collaborate on your care.
Our naturopathic team is led by Afrouz Demehri, MD, and Arvin Jenab, MD. They work much like detectives by running advanced diagnostic tests to measure various body functions before you feel sick. This preventive approach aims to give you a deeper understanding of your own body and how to treat it.