Our skin cancer specialists offer Orange County's most advanced diagnosis and treatment for all types of simple and complex skin cancers, including squamous, basal and Merkel cell carcinomas, cutaneous T-cell lymphomas and melanoma.
As physicians affiliated with UC Irvine Medical Center, Orange County’s only university hospital, our skin cancer experts offer the most advanced therapies as well as access to leading-edge clinical trials before they are available to the general public.
Depending on the diagnoses, more complex cases are treated by a multidisciplinary team that includes dermatologists, dermatopathologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, nurses, case managers and other health professionals.
Above all, we work together to meet the individual needs of each patient in a caring, healing environment.
Learn more about the types of skin cancer and how we treat them ›
The UC Irvine Health Dermatology Center is Orange County's leader for skin cancer diagnoses and treatments, offering our patients the most advanced care in a healing environment.
We provide a higher level of expertise and advanced technologies than is generally available elsewhere in the region.
What sets us apart
- Our skin cancer specialists have trained in in premier dermatology programs around the United States, bringing a rich array of advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques to UC Irvine Health.
- Our physicians are equipped with the latest diagnostic technologies, including dermoscopy and SIAscopy, and our skin cancer researchers work with the most advanced laser-based microscopes in their efforts to develop new therapies and treatments for our patients.
- Our skin pathologists at the UC Irvine Health Dermatopathology Laboratory provide immediate consultation and assessment of complex skin conditions. Understanding the root cause of any skin disease is paramount prior to starting treatment, and our skin pathologists are key to this.
- As physicians at Orange County's only university medical center, with access to the UC Irvine Health Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, we are able to offer our patients the most advanced therapies.
The cancer center is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in Orange County, and one of only 45 in the nation.
- Many of our skin cancer specialists participate in National Cancer Institute-sponsored clinical trials of the latest drugs, as well as the most advanced methods for detecting and treating the disease. This gives our patients access to the best technologies and treatments long before they are available to the general public.
View our clinical trials ›
- Many of our skin cancer specialists have been named among the Best Doctors in America®. These physicians represent the top 5 percent of their peers nationwide.
Whether you visit us at Gottschalk Medical Plaza on the university campus in Irvine or at UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange, all our skin cancer specialists have one objective: to make you healthy and well.
At UC Irvine Health, our skin cancer specialists are skilled at diagnosing, staging and treating patients with simple and complex skin cancers, including squamous and basal cell carcinomas, Merkel and spindle cell carcinomas, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and melanoma.
Depending on the diagnosis, more complex cases are treated by a multidisciplinary team that includes dermatologists, skin pathologists, medical oncologists, plastic surgeons, radiation oncologists, nurses, case managers and other healthcare professionals.
Our skin cancer team includes: