UC Irvine Health occupational therapists help you increase your quality life when it is limited by a physical impairment.
Our therapists will examine your specific need and create an individualized therapy program to teach you how to improve your physical function, or how to make adaptations to perform your daily activities.
Our primary goal is to help you live independently and adapt to your environment.
Whether you are post-injury, post-surgery, have a degenerative disease or a neurological disorder, our therapists are here to help you.
After an extensive evaluation, your treatment plan may include:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Therapeutic and functional activities
- Manual mobilization techniques
- Therapeutic modalities
- Therapeutic use of proper assistive devices in self-care activities
- Custom fabrication of static, dynamic or static progressive splint
- Custom measurement and fitting of pressure garment for scar and lymphedema management
- Individualized home exercise program
- One-to-one treatment with therapist
The ultimate goal of occupational therapy services is to help you regain your independence and self-sufficiency at home, school, work and play.
We will work closely with your referring physician to communicate your progress on an ongoing basis.
Our occupational therapists are highly skilled and treat a variety of conditions including:
We look forward to helping you. For more information about UC Irvine Health occupational therapy, call us at 714-456-5571.