Adult Psychiatry Services
A mental health crisis requires swift intervention by an experienced and compassionate team of psychiatrists, nurses and therapists.
Our approach to your care is collaborative. We work closely with you and your family to develop a treatment plan. Our goal: to get you or your loved one back on the path to mental well-being.
Emergency evaluations are available 24 hours a day with a physician on site in the UC Irvine Medical Center's Emergency Department. An initial evaluation provides treatment recommendations and appropriate referrals.
For inpatient inquiries, call 714-456-3029
For outpatient inquiries, call 714-456-5902
We treat all types of psychiatric conditions, including:
- Anxiety disorders
- Attention deficit disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug or alcohol addiction
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Tic disorders, such as Tourette syndrome
Our treatments are tailored to each patient’s needs and may include:
- Group therapy
- Inpatient programs
- Music therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Our experienced team offers a wide range of programs to meet each patient’s needs, including inpatient and outpatient treatment.
- Our trained staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, nurses, occupational therapists and psychiatric technicians.
- We work with the patient’s family to find a treatment plan that best suits the patient’s needs and goals.
- When undergoing treatment, you are never alone. Our highly trained nursing staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- We have experience in treating addiction, mood disorders, eating disorders, drug addiction, anxiety, depression and much more.
We offering the following programs for adults:
- Inpatient programs
Our psychiatric inpatient programs focus on rapid, intensive patient assessment and diagnosis, followed by treatment in close collaboration with our staff, the patient and the patient’s family.
Our adult inpatient services offer two types of inpatient units. Both units treat patients 18 years and older:
- Adult Psychiatric Unit
In our adult psychiatric unit, adults in the midst of a mental health crisis are treated by an experienced team of psychiatrists, therapists and nurses who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Medical Psychiatric Unit
The Medical Psychiatric Unit is especially designed for psychiatric patients who have also been diagnosed with a severe medical illness. This unit accepts patients who may be on dialysis, require wound care or need intravenous or tube feeding. This unit also has detoxification services, which assist patients as they work to stop their abuse of alcohol, painkillers or stimulants.