Pediatric Electrophysiology Services
UC Irvine Health Pediatric Electrophysiology Services combines a highly-specialized pediatric cardiology team with advanced technology.
You can trust that we will provide a comprehensive evaluation for your child and offer a personalized treatment program, drawing from the most advanced options available today.
Most important, as pediatric electrophysiologists, we understand how to apply the latest technology to our smallest patients for the best possible outcome for your child.
What is pediatric electrophysiology?
Electrophysiology is the study of the heart’s electrical system. When your child has an arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder) that makes the heart beat irregularly — too fast or too slow — an electrophysiologist evaluates and treats the problem.
Pediatric EP services: Why choose us
We have a long record of innovation.
- Experience: We were the first to offer pediatric electrophysiology services in Orange County. That means our team has developed advanced expertise in evaluating and treating heart rhythm disorders in children, from basic to complex cases. It also means we have spent more time following up with our patients than anyone else.
- Pioneers in radiation-free treatments: We have developed new treatments such as radiation-free EP studies that use computer-aided, three-dimensional modeling — instead of radiation — to create a map of the heart. This technology is especially important for pediatric patients, for whom repeated radiation exposure can be a concern.
- Advanced technology: Our EP labs are among the most advanced in the area, providing us with the most detailed images and information available. We believe that an accurate diagnosis is an important first step in your child’s treatment.
- Reputation for excellent care: We’ve worked with our patients for a long time (some for nearly 10 years), which means we have insights into our patients’ long-term outcomes. For instance, we see the largest number of adult patients with implanted pacemakers and defibrillators in Orange County — more than 200 to date.
We are proud of our history of firsts and accomplishments, but we are more proud of what they mean for our patients and their families. At UC Irvine, our team is focused on creating the best possible patient outcomes and that only happens by involving parents and families in their child’s care.
When your child comes to us with a suspected heart rhythm disorder, we keep you informed throughout evaluation and treatment.
- Ambulatory electrocardiograms/Holter monitoring
- Cardiac event recorders
- Exercise stress tests with advanced metabolic testing and nuclear imaging
- Tilt-table autonomic evaluations
- Pacemaker and defibrillator device services, including over-the-phone and in-office pacemaker assessment
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Radiofrequency (RF) ablations
- Implantation of cardiac pacemakers, loop recorders and cardiac defibrillators.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 714-581-4401 or 855-563-5320.