Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
Joint replacement is a major surgery, and often the last step in treatment after nonsurgical treatments have lost effectiveness.
Before deciding to have the surgery, ensure you are fully informed about the risks and benefits by asking your surgeon questions.
Some you may want to consider are:
- How many total joint replacements have you performed?
- What are the major risks of joint replacement surgery?
- What are the risks if I do not have joint replacement surgery?
- What device will I receive? Is it a device you would choose for yourself?
- How long will the device last?
- What can I do to extend the life of my new joint?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Will I have to attend physical therapy after surgery?
- What will my life be like after joint replacement?
- How long will it be before I can participate in physical activity?
To learn more, call 714-456-7012 or schedule an appointment online ›