The UC Irvine Health team of neurologists specializes in treatment of all disorders and conditions of the nervous system, including:
- Parkinson’s disease and tremor
- Multiple sclerosis
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Headaches, including migraines
- Gait and balance disorders
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Pediatric neurology
- Neuro-ophthalmology, including vision loss and diplopia
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
Learn more about our subspecialty clinical programs:
UC Irvine Health neurologists also oversee a state-of-the-art neurointensive care unit at UC Irvine Douglas Hospital. There, we treat critically ill patients with brain tumors, traumatic brain injury, epilepsy, movement disorders, spinal cord injuries and neuromuscular diseases.
The skill and expertise of our neurologists, coupled with their devotion to the highest level of patient care, has earned UC Irvine Health a number of distinctions, including:
- Our Comprehensive Stroke and Cerebrovascular Center is the first in Orange County and one of a handful in the state to be certified as a comprehensive stroke center, meaning we are able to provide the highest standard of stroke care. It is also the first to be designated a stroke-neurology receiving center as part of Southern California’s first program to ensure that stroke patients are rushed to hospitals that provide the highest level of care in the critical minutes and hours after the first symptoms appear.
- Our Comprehensive Epilepsy Program is designated a level 4 center, the highest ranking given by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC). This means we are able to offer our patients state-of-the-art neurodiagnostic monitoring, a complete evaluation, a broad range of procedures performed by neurosurgeons with expertise in epilepsy and the highest level of care.
- Our ALS and Neuromuscular Center is one of only 36 Muscular Dystrophy Association-designated centers in the nation, and one of only four in the state. We earned this designation by offering highly focused research and medical programs to combat amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular diseases.
- Our Comprehensive Brain Tumor Program is one of only a handful in California to offer the full range of diagnosis and treatment for tumors affecting the delicate tissues of the brain. Our brain tumor specialists, who are part of the National Cancer Institute-certified Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, are leading research studies to advance the treatment and prevention of all central nervous system tumors.
UC Irvine Health neurologists are among the best at what they do. Their expertise and extensive research into neurological disorders has been recognized nationally and internationally.
Our team works collaboratively with each patient to develop and individualized plan for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care. They are dedicated state-of-the-art, compassionate care that is grounded in the latest research.