Executive Health Program FAQ
How much does a Premier Health Exam or Executive Physical cost?
Premier Health Exams are customizable to your needs. Imaging, fitness and laboratory tests may be added or removed as necessary (or as desired for a comprehensive evaluation). As such, most examinations range from $1,950 to $3,300.
Executive Physicals vary based on the agreement we make with each corporation. We partner with you to identify the needs of your executives, then produce a custom proposal and cost estimate well in advance. Please contact our office to discuss the details.
In all cases, we leverage the power of UC Irvine Health to provide world-class quality care at highly competitive prices.
How long does the exam usually take?
Your examination and testing will take approximately 2.5 to 4 hours from start to finish, depending on your exam package.
How do I get my results?
Your follow-up discussion — usually about two weeks later — averages about 30 to 60 minutes. We use this time to thoroughly review our findings with you, help you establish health goals and answer any other health questions you may have.
Follow-up appointments can be done in person or by phone, or a mailed report can be prepared for you. We believe that discussing your results in person is most effective.
What if I need to follow up on something? Can I get a referral?
You will be notified promptly of any exam finding that needs urgent attention. We can refer you to providers both inside and outside of UC Irvine Health.
Though we do not participate in any insurance program, we do ask for your insurance information at your initial appointment in order to coordinate additional services for you, including referrals.
If I get an exam through your program, can you be my primary care provider?
The Executive Health Program does not serve as a primary care provider.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive annual look at one's overall health. We are not part of any insurance network, so our care is considered out of network.
If you have conditions that require ongoing care, we believe it is in your best interest to have a primary care provider designated to coordinate care between annual visits to our program. If you do not have an established relationship with a primary care provider, we're happy to help you find one.
What forms of payment or insurance do you accept?
If you visit us through your employer's program, we usually bill your employer directly for the services provided. In all other cases, we accept payment with cash, check or credit card on the day of your visit.
We do not participate in any insurance program (including Medicare), bill any insurance (including Medicare) or accept reimbursement from insurance (including Medicare).
Will the medical information generated as a result of the exam be shared with my employer?
Absolutely not. We do not share your information with anyone without your written consent and authorization.
What does UC Irvine Health offer that other executive health programs do not?
We offer many advantages:
- Convenience: Your evaluation takes place in one location, so no time is spent traveling from place to place. We have tailored our exams to focus on the most pertinent items, including ample one-on-one time with our physician.
- Customization: You consult with your exam physician to design a follow-up action plan that meets your needs.
- Cost: We have negotiated low prices on services such as lab work, stress testing and additional studies. These savings are passed on to you.
- Credibility: We are the first executive health program in Orange County and the only one affiliated with the UC Irvine School of Medicine.
- Innovation: We are also the only executive health program in Orange County that is part of a university-based integrative medicine program, so you have access to the best of both conventional (Western) and alternative-medicine approaches.
- Business acumen: Dr. Susan Heller brings decades of experience as a corporate medical director. She has a deep understanding of today's business environment that most physicians don't have. In addition to improving your own health and productivity, she is available to discuss how to improve the health and productivity of your workforce.
For questions or to request an appointment, call us at 714-427-5832.
You can also request an appointment online: