Heart problems can be the result of genetics, an unhealthy lifestyle or another underlying condition. For the most part, however, heart conditions are largely preventable.
Our heart specialists at UC Irvine Health Cardiology Services diagnose and treat all conditions of the heart and vascular system with state-of-the-art technology and expertise that is unmatched in Orange County and the region.
Whether you want to reduce your risk of a heart attack through our Preventive Cardiology Program, need an arterial blockage cleared by our Interventional Cardiology Program, a heartbeat corrected by our Cardiac Arrhythmia Program, or help for reduced blood flow from our Heart Failure Program, we are dedicated to making your heart as healthy as it can be.
To make an appointment, call 714-456-6699.
UC Irvine Health cardiologists are among the nation’s best, and many are regularly recognized by their peers as Best Doctors in America®.
We are leaders in the treatment and prevention of heart disease. Our distinctions include:
- U.S. News & World Report recognized our Heart Failure Program as "High Performing," the highest possible rating within their Best Hospitals for Common Care ratings system. U.S. News evaluated hospitals across more than 25 quality measures—including mortality, readmissions, infections and patient satisfaction scores—and analyzed more than 5 million patient records, taking into account each patient’s health conditions, age, sex, socioeconomic status and other factors affecting risk. UC Irvine Health is among approximately 11 percent of hospitals U.S. News rated as high performing in heart failure.
- Our Heart Failure Program earned the American Heart Association's Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement Award in 2013. We also received the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission, the primary U.S. healthcare accrediting body. This means we have met both organization's rigorous standards for patient care.
- UC Irvine Health Cardiology Services is a participant in the American College of Cardiology's nationwide quality improvement program. This program is designed to help provide high-quality cardiac patient care and improved outcomes for our heart patients. This also gives us access to an array of tools and programs that help physicians, nurses and other members of the Cardiology Services team to make decisions with our patients that are based on best practices and the latest scientific research.
- UC Irvine Medical Center earned recognition as one of the nation's "Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Heart Care."
- We have a dedicated vascular emergency response team available around the clock.
- Our state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization labs at UC Irvine Health Douglas Hospital are equipped with the latest biplane digital imaging technology designed for interventional procedures. Our advanced intracardiac imaging techniques allow us to evaluate and treat every type of coronary artery disease case.
- Our electrophysiology procedure rooms are equipped with the latest technology for implanting devices, extracting leads, studying cardiac electrophysiology and performing ablative procedures.
- Our cardiologists also work collaboratively with UC Irvine Health specialists in cardiothoracic surgery and in vascular and endovascular surgery to ensure that you receive seamless care.
- For patients at risk of developing heart disease, our Preventive Cardiology Program physicians work with you to assess your heart health and help you lower the chances of developing heart disease through diet, medication, exercise and other lifestyle changes.
- We have the largest team of specialists dedicated to women's heart health in Orange County, delivering expert care for women with all cardiac conditions, including expectant mothers who are at high risk for developing heart disease.
- For patients with implanted defibrillators, the metal in their devices can pose a danger from the magnets used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), denying thousands of patients access to MRI scans when they need them. UC Irvine Health was the first health system in Orange County to offer heart failure patients the only FDA-approved implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator that is safe for use with magnetic resonance imaging systems.
- We are the first in Orange County to offer CardioMEMS™, an innovative heart failure monitoring system.
Working at UC Irvine Medical Center, Orange County’s only university medical center, our cardiologists not only see patients, they also conduct research and lead clinical trials.
What this means for you is a higher level of care that is grounded in the latest evidence-based treatments and therapies.
Learn more about our UC Irvine Health heart services:
Our UC Irvine Health cardiologists are board-certified experts in the full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients with all types of cardiovascular conditions.
Our state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging capabilities at UC Irvine Medical Center make it possible to determine the cause and extent of heart disease, as well as identify potential problems, at the earliest stages and without invasive procedures. We offer the state-of-the-art coronary calcium scan, which can identify hardening of the arteries. Artery hardening is one of the strongest predictors of heart attack.
The heart conditions and diseases we treat include:
Learn more about the treatments and services our heart specialists provide ›
Our experienced cardiologists work with a highly skilled team of vascular, endovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons, nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitians and exercise physiologists, all of whom are dedicated to improving your heart health.
Our board-certified heart specialists include: