Host a Blood Drive
UC Irvine Health transfuses an average of 1,000 units of blood to our patients each month.
Blood drives scheduled at local schools, businesses, places of worship and community events ensure that we have enough blood for all of our patients and help us save hundreds of lives every year. There is no substitute for human blood.
Why host a blood drive?
Every three seconds, someone needs blood. Yet, less than 2 percent of Orange County's population donates blood.
The blood we collect at blood drives stays here in your community, serving your friends, neighbors and co-workers.
Hosting a blood drive at UC Irvine Health is a partnership that benefits everyone involved:
- Your organization earns goodwill from the community
- Donors feel good about giving back
- Patients who need blood are able to get it
- UC Irvine Health is able to ensure it has a reliable and safe supply a blood
What you get
When you sign up to host a blood drive through UC Irvine Health, we make the process simple for you:
- Our coordinators work with you every step of the way and make this a positive experience for everyone
- All drives are held on our bloodmobile, which eliminates the need to find space in your facility
- Our bloodmobile has it all: an interview area, private history rooms and comfortable beds
- We provide marketing materials to help you promote your blood drive
- We provide an online link for potential donors to make their own appointments
All donors receive a T-shirt or a certificate for a pint of Baskin-Robbins ice cream as a token of appreciation.
To get started, register to host your blood drive ›
Any questions? Call us at 949-824-2662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.