Allergy & Immunology Services
At UC Irvine Health, our specialists provide comprehensive care to adults and children suffering from all types of allergies and immune disorders.
Our board-certified allergists and immunologists have extensive training and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of the full spectrum of allergies and primary immunodeficiency disorders. They are equipped with the most advanced diagnostic technologies and are thoroughly versed in the latest treatment methods.
UC Irvine Health also is home to the Jeffrey Modell Center for Primary Immunodeficiencies, one of only 50 diagnostic and research centers worldwide dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of children and adults born with improperly functioning immune systems.
Learn more about the Jeffrey Modell Center ›
For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call us at 714-456-7002.
Our physicians use the latest technology to evaluate and treat all allergic conditions in adults and children, including:
- Hay fever (allergic eye and nasal problems)
- Allergic skin disorders (rashes, hives, eczema, swelling and contact dermatitis)
- Food allergies
- Insect bite reactions
- Latex allergy
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Severe anaphylaxis
- Drug or medication allergy
- Anesthetic allergies
- Allergic reactions to contrast media used for CT scans or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Our specialists tailor diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for each patient's individual needs. Treatments include:
- Skin testing for evaluation of hay fever
- Skin testing for food allergies
- Skin testing for medication allergies
- Patch testing for skin allergy evaluation
- Pulmonary function testing (spirometry) for asthma evaluation
- Allergy shots
- Immunoglobulin infusions
- Infusions for swelling (hereditary angioedema)
- Drug desensitization
- Oral food challenges
Our specialists hold a clinic for adult allergy sufferers on Wednesday mornings in Pavilion I at UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange.
Children with allergies and immune deficiency disorders require special attention. UC Irvine Health allergists and immunologists see pediatric allergy patients on Wednesday afternoons, also at Pavilion I.
Immunology deficiencies & disorders
Immunological conditions are complex and require careful evaluation, treatment and ongoing care. Our team of UC Irvine Health experts offers comprehensive, leading-edge care for the full spectrum of immunological disorders.
Among the primary immune deficiency conditions we treat are:
- Genetically determined antibody deficiency disorders
- Combined immunodeficiencies
- Phagocytic system disorders
- Complement deficiencies
We also diagnose and treat secondary immunological disorders due to autoimmune diseases, malignancies and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Eligible patients may receive immunoglobulin treatment.