Current educational events
Past educational events
- "Pediatric Ethics: Lessons for Grown-Ups," with Eric Kodish, MD, a pediatric hematologist and professor of pediatrics at the Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, on Feb. 13, 2017.
- "Community Screening and Conversation Cafe: If you thought you were dying, what would matter most?" A screening of the PBS Frontline film "Being Mortal" followed by a discussion with a panel of experts on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016.
- "Not whether but how: A conversation on end-of-life care,” with B.J. Miller, MD, a palliative care physician at UC San Francisco, and senior director and advocate at the Zen Hospice Center in San Francisco. Miller's speech is moderated by Dr. Aaron Kheriaty, UC Irvine School of Medicine. March 16, 2016. (Watch Miller’s extraordinary TED talk here: “What really matters at the end of life?")
- Jerome Tobis Distinguished Lecture in Medical Ethics: "The Heart of Medicine: Improving Care at the End-of-Life," with Christine Cassel, MD. Oct. 29, 2015. View the Heart of Medicine event flier ›
- UC Irvine Medical Ethics Symposium: A day-long training program for Ethics Committee Members on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015. View the event flier ›
- "Public Debate on Doctor-Assisted Suicide," with Dr. Aaron Kheriaty (UC Irvine School of Medicine) and Dean Erwin Chemerinsky (UC Irvine School of Law). Sept. 3, 2015.
Questions? Contact Program Coordinator Stefanie Yoshii at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-456-6749.