Dr. Faysal A. Yafi is assistant professor of Urology, chief of Andrology and director of Men's Health at UC Irvine Health. His practice is specialized in men's health, erectile dysfunction, hypogonadism, Peyronie’s disease, prosthetic surgery, male voiding dysfunction and male infertility.
Yafi is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and is currently an active member of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA), the International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM), the American Society of Andrology, the American Urological Association (AUA) and the Société Internationale d’Urologie (SIU).
He currently serves as chair of the ISSM Grants and Prizes Committee and chair of the Abstract Review Committee for the 2017 meeting of the SMSNA, and sits on the Board of Governors of the SIU Academy. Yafi also sits on the ISSM Finance and Audit Committee and SMSNA Fellowship and Residency Education Committee. He has previously served as chair of the Northeastern Section of the AUA Residents Committee and member of the AUA Residents.
Yafi has an avid interest in both basic and clinical research. He has written more than 70 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, and has received multiple national and international awards and recognitions.
Yafi earned his medical degree from the American University of Beirut. He then served his internship in general surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and subsequently completed his residency in urology at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. He completed a two-year fellowship in andrology, sexual medicine and prosthetics at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Speakers Bureau topics:
- Artificial urinary sphincter, simple
- Artificial urinary sphincter, complex
- Ejaculatory dysfunction, treatment options
- Erectile dysfunction, advanced diagnostic tools
- Erectile dysfunction, treatment algorithms
- Erectile dysfunction, post-prostatectomy management
- Hypogonadism, diagnosis and treatment
- Penile prosthesis, simple
- Penile prosthesis, complex
- Peyronie's disease, non-surgical management
- Peyronie's disease, surgical management
- Sexual dysfunction following radiation therapy for cancer
- Testosterone replacement therapy, risks and benefits