The Center for Autism & Neurodevelopmental Disorders and the Chapman Ability Project have created monthly parent trainings to answer parents' questions and provide easy-to-understand information about special education.
This series is centered on helping families become active and knowledgeable individualized education program (IEP) team members.
Each session of this series will have focus on a particular aspect of special education. The topics include:
- Special Education Basics: Understanding and Navigating through Special Education
- Psycho-Educational Evaluations: What Does It All Mean?
- Creating Meaningful and Measurable IEP Goals
- Understanding School-Based Behavioral Supports and Services
- What Classroom Setting is Best for My Child?: Placement Options
- Requesting Extra Support and Services for My Child
The cost of this series is $15 per workshop. Sliding scale rates are available for families with financial need.
To register and pay by cash or check, please call 714-628-2842.
To register and pay by credit card, visit www.chapman.edu/cap.