Introduction to Parenting Techniques is an eight-week community education series on understanding and applying positive behavioral strategies. Parents with children ages 6 to 12 are invited to attend. Please do not bring your children, as there is no childcare available.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Positive discipline techniques
- Difficult behaviors common in children with learning and behavioral challenges
- Strategies for families with children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder and related behavior and learning challenges
- Applying strategies in real-life situations
Specific attention will be given to how to apply:
- Positive praise and attention
- Providing effective directions and transitional warnings
- A home-based token system
- Cognitive-behavioral approaches to conflict resolution and problem-solving with your child
Space is limited, so please register early. To sign up, call 949-824-2343 or email Carol Reed.