The IEP Navigation group assists families in navigating the school system for their special needs child. These sessions are offered for parents and caregivers who are interested in learning more about the Special Education and IEP process.
If you have any of the following questions, you may be able to benefit from these sessions:
- When is it appropriate to request an evaluation/re-evaluation for special education?
- How do I request an evaluation/re-evaluation for special education services?
- How do I express my concerns effectively?
- What types of assessment does my child need?
- What is the process once I request an evaluation/re-evaluation?
- What goals and services would my child need at school?
$15 per family. Sliding scale rates are available for families with financial need. Scholarships are available upon request.
Materials to bring
Please bring with you any relevant educational documents so that we can provide you with individualized suggestions.
These documents may include:
- Current IEP and psychoeducational assessments/reports from school
- Work samples
- Teacher notes
- SST notes
- 504 plans
- Outside psychological assessments
- Regional center documents