This eight-week series is for children and their parents on understanding and practicing social skills and skill-coaching strategies.
The course teaches social skills necessary for positive relationships across home and school and well as in unstructured settings with peers.
Our sessions incorporate evidence-based cognitive-behavioral intervention strategies, including role-playing designed to be fun and educational for both children and parents. Age-appropriate groups are offered for families with children ages 5-7 and 8-11.
The Family Social Skills group places an emphasis on:
- Assertion, self-advocacy and effective communication
- Accepting and frustration tolerance
- Following rules and directions
- Good sportsmanship
- Dealing with teasing and ignoring provocation
- Conflict resolution and active problem solving
The group meets once a week for eight weeks. Sessions are 90 minutes each.
Register early. There is a maximum of eight families per group. There is a fee for this program.
To sign up, call 949-824-2343 or email Carol Reed.