A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over, multi-center study of Eculizumab in patients with general myasthenia gravis (gMG) who have moderate to severe muscle weakness despite treatment with immunosuppressants
General Myasthenia Gravis (gMG),
Bone & Muscle
Tahseen Mozaffar, MD
UC Irvine ALS and Neuromuscular Center, 200 South Manchester Avenue, Ste. 110, Orange CA 92868 (Manchester Pavilion)
To evaluate a new drug for treatment of the symptoms related to patients with generalized Myasthenia Gravis.
You are eligible to participate in this study if you:
- You are 18-80 years old
- Your doctor has determined that you have a generalized myasthenia gravis
- You have been treated with at least two medications or therapies for MG for more than 12 months
- Your doctor has determined that you have a moderate to severe muscle weakness despite the treatments
- You are willing and able to give written consent
- You are willing and able to comply with study procedures
- Your doctor will determine that you also meet all other rules for entry into the study
Study participation will involve 24 visits over the next 9 months.
One potential benefit of participating is the close moniroring you will receive during this research study. We hope that the knowledge gained about treating this disorder will be of benefit to your or others in the future.
Subjects will be reimbursed for parking at UC Irvine Medical Center.