We are UC Irvine Health. We are a devoted team of nationally regarded physicians and nurses, researchers and clinicians, educators and students united by a single calling—to improve the lives of the people in our community and beyond.
As the only university-based care provider in Orange County, our multifaceted organization is dedicated to the discovery of new medical frontiers, to the teaching of future healers and to the delivery of the finest evidence-based care.
We are unique in our ability to provide the most compassionate healthcare because we’re driven by our passion for innovation, grounded in the best medical and scientific knowledge.
Our achievements include:
- UC Irvine School of Medicine, one of the top U.S. medical schools for research, is where our groundbreaking research and treatment advances are imparted to the rising practitioners of tomorrow.
- UC Irvine Medical Center is rated among the nation's best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report — for 14 years and counting. We are also ranked among the top 50 U.S. medical centers in ear, nose and throat, geriatric and nephrology care.
- Our Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center is one of only 41 in the nation — and the only one in Orange County — designated for excellence by the National Cancer Institute.
- UC Irvine Medical Center is Orange County's only Level I adult and Level II pediatric trauma center, which means our trauma and critical care physicians are fully equipped to treat life-threatening injuries 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our Comprehensive Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center is the first in Orange County to be certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the nation's preeminent healthcare standard-setting organization.
- Our numerous health providers throughout Orange County apply the most advanced medical knowledge — for diabetes, neuromuscular disease, women’s health and more — ensuring that our community and its residents become healthier and stronger.
This union of discovery, teaching and healing has enabled UC Irvine Health to pioneer new therapies and techniques that have been adopted by institutions across the nation. It gives us the expertise to diagnose and treat exceedingly rare conditions and diseases, always with the least invasive methods possible.
Most important, it means that you and your family have access to the highest quality, research-driven care.
That is the UC Irvine Health commitment: to bring personalized, leading-edge care to you and our community.